[Zope-dev] direction

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Tue Jul 5 12:04:18 EDT 2011

On 7/5/11 3:22 AM, zope-dev-request at zope.org wrote:

Hanno writes:
> Someone might try, but I think it's not a wise decision to spent any
> resources that way.

I am trying.  I am trying to create a Zope 2 like TTW development
environment on top of BlueBream.  I have a small email list of people
who see the world this way.  While many core ZTK developers do not like
TTW development, there are many of us zope users who do like it.  May a
thousand open-source flowers bloom.

I am making progress.  I have ice.control and ZAM running.  I have the
ZMI running on Zope 3.something.    But I am finding it very hard
work.    I learned quite a bit from this discussion, thank you.   All I
have to do is subclass the OFS with something that also inherits from
acquisition.  Cool.  And then integrate all the ZMI code into ZAM.  Then
get the rest of the content types working.

I am stuck on figuring out which page template in ZAM to edit.  And I am
stuck on figuring out how to fire up the ZMI in Bluebream.  I will
figure it all out.    Or I will hire some of the Bluebream guys in
eastern Europe to help me figure it out.  In any case I now have a
project that needs it, so I am motivated.

--
Regards
Christopher Lozinski

Check out my iPhone apps TextFaster and TouchTexting
http://textfaster.com

Expect a paradigm shift.
http://MyHDL.org