[Zope-dev] congrats on the new zope.org launch, but..

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Jul 11 12:09:32 EDT 2011

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Congrats on the relaunch of zope.org, I know it's been a hard slog!
>
> But I brought up an item twice already and nothing appears to have been
> done about it.

Sorry for not picking up your valuable input earlier.

> According to zope.org Gork is more like ZPT than it is
> like BlueBream. Griok is more like CMF than it is like BlueBream. This
> is because Grok is listed under the grab-bag framework category.

I partly agree with you - I think Grok can be considered both as an
application server and as a framework. I would not object to move Grok
to the app server section if you want it. The problem is more that
grab-bag "framework".  The "ZCA" is to be honest not a framework but a
concept and "ZPT" is a part of the "ZTK" and all other frameworks.

> I also mention that 'Application Servers' may not be the best heading
> for the category which could contain Zope and BlueBream and Grok. Zope's
> an application server, the other two are called "web framework"

I won't start a new philosophical discussion about differences between
application servers and web-frameworks - any better naming suggestion
for a category holding Zope, Bluebream and Grok?

Andreas