[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 9, OK: 72

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Sun Jun 5 15:05:26 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
>> $ bin/alltests -s Acquisition -t test_mixed_explicit_and_explicit
>> Running zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests tests:
>>  Set up zope.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.
>> Segmentation fault
>
> Here's some more info:
>
> The last successful build was #256 on Wed Apr 27 02:06:59 2011 which
> build revision 121465
> The first failing build was #257 on Wed Apr 27 15:19:46 2011 which
> build revision 121473
>
> Looking at the SVN changelog of Zope trunk, there were changes in
> r121460 and r121502.
>
> So the two builds used the exact same code, but still produced a
> different result. So it must be a change in the config of the
> buildslave that triggered this. There's no Python 2.7 release anywhere
> close to April this year, so I'm pretty sure both builds used the same
> Python 2.7.1.
>
> What caused the failure is a mystery to me.

I see that Jan-Jaap did some unrelated changes to the buildslave
config on that day
(http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/121467/Sandbox/janjaapdriessen/buildbot).

Jan-Jaap: Do you remember doing anything else on that day? Like
upgrading the operating system, installing new OS packages or anything
that could cause the sudden failure?

Hanno