[Zope-dev] Sharing session between different zope servers

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:05:02 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is memcached a reliable storage for session data ?
>>
>> I would like to hear others experience with memcached
>> as a reliable storage for session data.
>
> It depends on what kind of reliability you need. Generally your
> sessions should be short-lived and memcached is fine for that.

Well, what about a persistent session storage for 20 minutes
in memcached ?  Do we have any control over when the keys are
evicted ?

I am just reading few articles related to this:
http://sparklewise.com/?p=538
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slab_allocation
http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/MemcachedSlabAllocator

Regards,