[Zope-dev] versions on zope.org and launchpad.net

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 02:50:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 00:17, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>  - breaking the "historic" URLs for no purpose is lame, and would
>   cause useless pain to people with older installations that rely
>   on them ("Yes, Virginia, there were automated buildouts before
>   zc.buildout").

True. Can we have the old download URL's still there, but redirect or
link to PyPI from the web?

>  - PyPI is the canonical download location for the current releases:
>   launchpad should just be pointing there.

+1

I think also we should not on PyPI hide all releases except the latest
one. The download box should contain at minimum all supported
releases, preferrably the last of each major version (within reason).

//Lennart