[Zope-dev] zope.testbrowser and WebTest (round 2)

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Fri Mar 4 04:25:59 EST 2011

  Hello,

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:15:18 +0100
Brian Sutherland <brian at vanguardistas.net> wrote:

> >   In zope.app.wsgi all those idiosyncracies are more or less
> > handled by a WSGI middleware. I guess you can reuse it.
> >
> >   One of the purpose of the zope.app.wsgi implementation was to be
> > able to convert the existing tests just by changing the import, and
> > get ride of zope.testbrowser dependencies on the crazy
> > zope.app.testing nobody-knows-what-it-does-and-does-everything in
> > Grok (without adding many others). Which worked perfectly.
>
> I'll definitely look into reusing the middleware.
>
> But, tell me, how do I run all the grok tests? (So I can see what
> idiosyncracies are required)

  There is a Grok ToolKit, that works exactly like the Zope ToolKit:

  http://svn.zope.org/groktoolkit/trunk

  If you run this buildout you should get a ./bin/test-grok command
  that runs all the tests, using z3c.recipe.compattest.

  Actually, I think you can start by testing only grokcore.view. I
  guess it is one of the base packages that uses a lot the test browser.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae