[Zope-dev] Non-ZCML config for ZCA. (Was: Anyone want to do Google Summer of code mentoring for PSF?)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Mar 22 10:21:32 EDT 2011

Hi there,

It is my understanding that the ZTK is primarily to adopt proven
solutions that arise from our community that we intend to be shared by
this community. I'll also note that Martian is already in use in
combination with Bluebream, Zope 2 and Grok.

With that, I was thinking, concerning alternative configuration
mechanisms I think we should have:

* a clear statement of use cases concerning configuration.

* a weighing of the importance of these use cases, underlying reasons, etc.

* an evaluation whether Martian or Venusian can fulfill those use cases.

* if use cases are found that Martian or Venusian cannot fulfill, then
an evaluation whether these can be made to fulfill them by modifying them.

Regards,

Martijn