[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 73 OK, 12 Failed, 4 Unknown

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Fri Mar 25 14:15:14 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
>> > Subject: FAILED : winbot / z3c.coverage_py_265_32
>> > From: buildbot at winbot.zope.org
>> > Date: Wed Mar 23 23:31:40 EDT 2011
>>
>> This package looks to belong to Stephan, Adam Groszer, and Marius Gedminas.
>
> The failure appears to be caused by the buildbot machine not having
> enscript, which is used to add syntax highlighting to Python code.
> Google suggests http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/enscript.htm
>
> I'd like to take some time and rewrite the z3c.coverage to use Pygments
> instead of piping the output through an enscript subprocess, but I'd
> like it even more if someone else went ahead and did that. ;-)

May I suggest you just switch to using to coverage by Ned Batchelder
instead [1]?

It has a C extension for the coverage part. So running tests with or
without coverage tracking ends up without any speed difference. The
--coverage option to zope.testrunner is extremely slow compared to
this. There's an HTML output option with syntax highlighting and a XML
variant for consumption in tools like Jenkins Cobertura plugin.

A typical buildout setup can look like the one described at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.testing/4.0a3#coverage-reporting
assuming you have a zc.recipe.testrunner script called bin/test.

Hanno

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/coverage