[Zope-dev] [Distutils] [buildout] "private" releases

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Mar 30 09:08:28 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 25/03/2011 16:49, Christian Theune wrote:
>>
>> the German speaking Zope Users Group (DZUG e.V.) organizes a series of 4
>> sprints this year to support feature development within the proximity of
>> the ZTK and solve problems encountered by Zope, Plone and Python
>> developers.
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> Topics
>> ======
>>
>> * Discussing how to deal with "private" releases
>
> FWIW, I've had no problems with this, here's a sample buildout.cfg:

We do something similar with sftp (zc.buildoutsftp).  To publish eggs,
we just use scp.
The advantage of this is that it leverages ssh infrastructure, so *no*
additional password management is needed.  This is wildly better, IMO,
than keeping passwords in clear text in your buildout configuration or
in a dot file.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton