[Zope-dev] beta.zope.org (www.zope.org relaunch project)

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Tue May 10 04:23:06 EDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 06:55, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am happy to announce that we have made progress
> with the zope.org relaunch project. The first public
> version of the new site is now available under
>
> http://beta.zope.org

Very nice work.

I would just like to give a small suggestion, which is to have 301
HTTP redirects from some non conflicting URL spaces on www.zope.org to
old.zope.org, so that we don't lose search engine indexing and ranking
of the old pages. Ex: the members area:

www.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB ->
old.zope.org/Members/itamar/CorruptedZODB

This should be very easy to achieve with a small number of "Redirect"
Apache directives specifying "permanent" redirections.

Cheers,

Leo