[Zope-dev] Revert removal of ++skin++ in Zope4?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Nov 16 10:30:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'd like to revert the removal of the ++skin++ traverser in Zope 4.

As we're working on a replacement ZMI at a sprint currently (more
details about that in a bit) we'd like to leverage this feature.

 From my perspective, I value that Zope 2/4 has always made some choices
upfront that one could leverage right away. Especially as multiple
orthogonal components (like: your application and the ZMI) need to
leverage this plugin point, I'd rather have this provided by the framework.

I couldn't find an argument anywhere why ++skin++ should be gone.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com
Zope and Plone consulting, development, hosting, operations