[Zope-dev] Supporting interworking with repository branches on github

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Thu Nov 24 00:29:47 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:50:49 -0500, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> Second, it is already feasible to work with modern VCSes against the
> existing SVN repository:  I've been doing it with bzr for literally years
> now;  I know of lots of documentation on using git against SVN as well. Of
> course, Github is more than a VCS, but its main advantage over other
> solutions lies in being able to accept casual contributions from non-core
> developers, which is hardly in scope for the early phases of the Zope4
> effort.

github enables a peer review process: while everybody who signed the
plone committer agreement could just commit to the plone repo, we do
pull-requests and somebody else with commit rights checks the request
and merges.

It's not about git locally - I'm doing that for years, too - it's about
git server side.

florian
--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC