[Zope-dev] transaction pkg py3 / doctests

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Sep 25 17:26:28 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 18:20 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've ported the transaction package to Python 3 here:
>
> http://svn.zope.org/transaction/branches/chrism-py3/
>
> To get Python 3 support, it ditches 2.4 and 2.5 support, although I may
> try to readd 2.5 support.
>
> Anyway, it all seems to work given those limitations, but I'm having
> trouble making the doctests pass on Python 3.  Are there any doctest
> ninjas willing to have a look?
>
> Here's how to see the failure output (I've also appended them below):

Gah I realize now that some of those failures are actually genuine.. I
missed them in the output of the test runner because I wasn't using "-q"
before, and they came above ... ok output.  Anyway, the ones I actually
need help with are the ones failing due to +IGNORE_EXCEPTION_DETAIL
apparently not working.

- C