[Zope-dev] We need to change how code ownership works.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 20 11:25:51 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Again, as Jens has repeatedly said we should not conflate the separate items
> of toolchain and service provider.

+1

> Zope Foundation has hardware and a proven
> track record in hosting. Is anyone actually criticising this?

FTR, in the case of svn.zope.org, it's ZC hardware and hosting with a
lot of much appreciated help from Jens.

We're doing a pretty ok job (if you ignore a near catastrophe) in
providing what is, by today's standards, a bare-bones service.  User
management is awkward.  We lack any automated support for review, and
a number of other services provides by github and bitbucket.

svn.zope.org doesn't take much of my time most of the time, but it's
still a potential (and occasional real) time suck for me that I'd
love to jettison.

Life is short, why do this ourselves when there are excellent services
available?

Jim

--
Jim Fulton