[Zope-dev] Restoring zLOG trunk

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 13:56:46 UTC 2012

On 29 August 2012 15:44, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> On 08/29/2012 09:25 AM, Tres Seaver wrote:
>> That base class has been gone since ZConfig 2.9.2.  I don't think the
>> Zope2 trunk has pinned / unpinned ZConfig in a long time, so I'm not
>> sure why it would just now break (ZConfig 2.9.2 was released in
>> February, and 2.9.3 in June).
>
> I just pushed a change to the Zope2 trunk to use the new speling.

While Tres fixed the error on Zope trunk, the same fix is still needed
by zLOG. According to
http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zLOG/README-trunk.txt:

"""
This package has been re-integrated into the Zope2 package. Maintenance
happens on the 2.11 branch and new development could occur inside
`Zope2/src/zLOG`.
"""

However, Zope 2.12, 2.13 and trunk still use the egg and the only
place it seems to exist in that package is at
/Zope/branches/2.11/lib/python/zLOG, presumably where it was moved
from during eggification.

I'm going to restore zLOG trunk by copying in the current 2.11 branch
so it can be fixed in a similar manner.

Laurence