[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 5, OK: 19

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:02:55 UTC 2012

[1]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk - Build # 119

> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-December/070665.html
>

> [2]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk_app - Build # 103
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-December/070666.html

This should stop failing now. I updated the svn:ignore properties in
zope.security to fix it.

> [3]    FAILED  winbot / BTrees_py_265_32
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-December/070686.html

The tests only work with 64 bit. I only debugged code partially, but thats
what I found:
- a abs() method that does number &= 0x7fffffffffffffff. I was able to
replace that with sys.maxint to work on 32 bit
- One test wanted to test for value errors on a method by providing
sys.maxint + 1. The method used struct pack and unpack to ensure the
variable is not too big. struct pack and unpack work with the same
datasizes on 32 bit and 64 bit.
I THINK the tests should be rewritten to use unpack to generate maxint, but
I am not sure and hope somebody more knowledgeable than me can give his
opinion here.

> [4]    FAILED  winbot / z3c.ptcompat_py_265_32
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-December/070663.html

Formatted output differs in whitespaces and newlines.
z3c.ptcompat runs the test from zope.pagetemplates, the tests generate a
different result than in zope.pagetemplates, because after z3c.ptcompat is
installed, the renderer is chameleon. The tests that render differently in
chameleon are new, thats why the tests fail even if nothing changed in
z3c.ptcompat.
It seems chameleon generates too many newlines for a tal repeat statement,
in the output, it contains 2 newlines after each iteration. Does a
chameleon developer read these mails and might want to comment?

This is the input:
<!-- See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.pagetemplate/+bug/732972 -->
<ul metal:define-macro="tree">
  <li tal:content="context/name" />
  <li tal:repeat="context context/children">
    <ul metal:use-macro="template/macros/tree" />
  </li>
</ul>

and this the output:
<!-- See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.pagetemplate/+bug/732972 -->
<ul>
 <li>root</li>
 <li>
 <ul>
 <li>first</li>

</ul>
 </li>
 <li>
 <ul>
 <li>second</li>

</ul>
 </li>
</ul>

> [5]    FAILED  winbot / z3c.recipe.paster_py_265_32
>
> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2012-December/070664.html

The tests try to run a buildout in a fake root. I have the same problem
under linux with python 2.7 64 bit. When I kill the test, go to the temp
dir and run the buildout, all works fine, so this might be related to the
fakeroot functionality from buildout. Maybe somebody who knows about that
functionality of buildout could take a look?