[Zope-dev] Zope 4 release management

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Feb 1 14:53:35 UTC 2012

Am 01.02.2012, 15:40 Uhr, schrieb Alexandre Garel
<alex.garel at tarentis.com>:

> All I see here is usability not religion

Which is pretty much what Jens said originally.

To me, much of the argument seems to be trying to solve a different
problem: getting more people involved in contributing to Zope or at least
maintaining important packages. While this is a laudable goal I think it
is has little to do with the tools involved, something that is becomingly
increasingly irrelevant as more and more third-party packages are used in
Zope projects; something which Zope did a great deal to encourage.
Currently the hurdle to getting involved is signing and sending the
committer agreement. A hurdle which I think is worth keeping. On hosting:
personally, it does matter to me a great deal where the little code I
write is hosted.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark