[Zope-dev] ZAM/ZMI Demo

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Mon Feb 6 16:06:38 UTC 2012

Very good point about different user types.   Maybe we could have
different permissions on the different roles, and people only get to see
their version.  Right now there is just a single ZMI permission.  At
least in Zope 2 that was the case.

So I suggest we have 3 new roles.

System Administrator, Zope Administrator, Zope Developer.

System administrator could view the database size, pack it, and start
and stop zope. That is about it.   Zope administrator could also move
things around and delete things.    Maybe add a few types of objects,
such as cache objects.  Zope developer could add arbitrary objects.

I think this distinction would go a long way towards resolving the
conflicts I have seen over the years about the ZMI.

What do you think?

Regards
Chris

--
Regards
Christopher Lozinski

Check out my iPhone apps TextFaster and EmailFaster
http://textfaster.com

Expect a paradigm shift.
http://MyHDL.org