[Zope-dev] Zope 2 WSGI investigation

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 10:39:28 UTC 2012

On 2 January 2012 08:50, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> On 01/01/2012 08:39 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are three known WSGI implementations of the Zope 2 publisher.
>> I've had a look at them and made some notes about what I think
>> provides the best story:
>>
>> ## Zope 2.13 WSGIPublisher
>>
>> Pros:
>>
>> * Allows distributed transaction management with repoze.tm2
>> * Allows distributed retry with repoze.retry
>> * Ships with Zope
>> * Quite simple
>>
>> Cons:
>>
>> * Requires repoze.tm2 and repoze.rety
>

> Why is that a con? I use repoze.tm2 and repoze.retry with all my pyramid
> projects and they work beautifully.

Only insofar as it means you have to have these in your WSGI pipeline
or it won't work, so there are more places things can go wrong.

You'll note that I also consider not supporting such things a con for
infrae.wsgi. I wouldn't get too hung up on it, I was mainly just
trying to bring out the differences. It'd be nice if it wasn't a hard
requirement, though.

Martin