[Zope-dev] zope.server still used?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jan 10 00:30:51 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 21:57 -0500, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is zope.server still largely used by e.g. bluebream, grok, and other
> zope 3 apps?  Or do people tend to use other WSGI servers instead?
> Either way, arguments for or against zope.server would be useful; I'm
> trying to decide whether to base some new stuff on it.

FWIW, just to close this out, I poked and prodded zope.server into a
fork named waitress (which only does WSGI).

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/waitress

The detailed differences between waitress and zope.server are here:

http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/waitress/en/latest/differences.html

I had originally thought I'd backport some of the changes to
zope.server, but TBH the changes are pretty fundamental, and would
require a ton of work to backport.  Instead, if you like the features it
provides (and can live with the ones it removes), I'd suggest using
waitress instead of zope.server at this point.

- C