[Zope-dev] TreeVocabulary in zope.schema.vocabulary

Jan-Carel Brand lists at opkode.com
Fri Jan 20 11:50:02 UTC 2012

Hi all

I've been working on porting the Dynatree (a dynamic tree-like) widget
to z3c.form:

https://github.com/collective/collective.dynatree

My (temporary) fork is here:

https://github.com/syslabcom/collective.dynatree

And for this I needed a hierarchical tree-like vocabulary.

So I've created a TreeVocabulary in zope/schema/vocabulary.py, based
upon the existing SimpleVocabulary.

Instead of fromValues or fromItems, it has fromDict, to construct the
vocab from a dict. And the internal representation, self._terms, is a
dictionary.

My branch is here:
http://svn.zope.org/zope.schema/branches/jcbrand-treevocabulary/

The only changes are the new TreeVocabulary in zope/schema/vocabulary.py
and the tests for it in zope/schema/tests/test_vocabulary.py

Can someone please take a look and give some feedback?

Thanks
J-C