[Zope-dev] TreeVocabulary in zope.schema.vocabulary

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Tue Jan 24 14:06:06 UTC 2012

Hiya,

Am 24.01.2012, 12:35 Uhr, schrieb Jan-Carel Brand <lists at opkode.com>:

> Perhaps I should rephrase
> I would like my changes to be merged with the zope.schema trunk. The
> tests I've added provide 100% coverage of the TreeVocabulary code.

I've only glanced cursorily at the source but I'm not sure that a merge is
okay yet. At least not all of the methods have doc strings and one of them
seems to have a doctest. It would be nice to expand the README here.
getTerm is a copy of the SimpleVocabulary method. Using the @classmethod
decorator is fine but inconsistent with other vocabulary classes. Using
the decorator is more readable so I'd suggest changing all relevant
methods to do that. Off the top of my head I don't know which Python
versions support classmethods. That should be checked in case zope.schema
is in a ZTK that is running on Python 2.4

> I would just like someone to sign it off.
> Should I rather create a ticket on launchpad? Or otherwise, should I
> just go ahead and merge the changes to trunk?

I would suggest going via launchpad if only because it is a better paper
trail. At the moment I'm still not quite sure whether this is required in
zope.schema. Do widgets only exist for z3c.form?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director