[Zope-dev] New release for zope.schema

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Mar 22 17:07:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:19:39PM +0100, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 19:58 +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > Also, would you like to have PyPI access to zope.schema, so that you can
> > do the release yourself?  If so, tell us your PyPI username.
>
> Sure, my pypi username is: jcbrand

You now have PyPI access to zope.schema.

One detail I may have forgotten to mention about the release process:
sometimes setup.py sdist produces an incomplete archive.  This happens
every time Subversion changes its working tree format, until somebody
patches setuptools to understand it.  I think subversion 1.7 changed the
format again; I don't know if setuptools can handle it yet -- I'm still
on svn 1.6 myself.

So it may be a good idea to run python setup.py sdist and compare the
file list in dists/*.tar.gz with the file list in the current PyPI
archive, before you actually do the release with fullrelease.  Actually
zest.releaser's fullrelease has lots of "continue? [y/n]" prompts that
let you do the inspection before the final upload.  I just feel better
when I do it by hand, on those rare occasions when I'm not sure about
the state of my setuptools after a distro upgrade.  YMMV.  And the
chances of breakage are low, and people generally notice it pretty
quickly, and uploading a fixed 4.1.1 is easy (edit MANIFEST.in to make
sure everything is included), so I don't even know why I'm mentioning
all this.  For completeness, I guess...

Marius Gedminas
--
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed would be
a unix command.