[Zope-dev] SVN: zope.file/branches/ulif-fix-menus/ Do menu-related configuration only if z.a.zcmlfiles is available.

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Mon May 28 09:16:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012 21:09:44 -0400 Tres Seaver wrote:

> On 05/27/2012 07:36 PM, Ulrich Fouquet wrote:
>> Log message for revision 126504: Do menu-related configuration only if
>> z.a.zcmlfiles is available.
>>
>> Changed: U   zope.file/branches/ulif-fix-menus/CHANGES.txt U
>> zope.file/branches/ulif-fix-menus/src/zope/file/browser.zcml
>
> Hmmm, looks like you forgot to 'svn add src/zope/file/menu.zcml'.

I was convinced I did, but apparently I didn't. It's in now.

Thanks for the hint!

The branch (ulif-fix-menus) could be reviewed now, although there is not
much to review.

I didn't manage to create a reasonable regression test for the use case,
as it seems to be very difficult and complex to remove some installed
package and make it temporarily unimportable.

If someone has an idea how to do this with not too much effort, I'd be
glad to add it. Simply changing sys.modules and sys.path seems not to be
enough.

If this test would be not crucial, I'd leave it this way and prepare a
minor release, maybe with some additional changes (the buildout.cfg is a
bit outdated and test coverage could be improved otherwise).

Best regards,

--
Uli