[Zope-dev] WebSockets API

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 27 12:04:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Wolfgang Schnerring <ws at gocept.com> wrote:
> I'm not too familiar with WebSocket internals, but one thing that stuck
> with me is that you'll need to keep *lots* of open connections, which is
> only feasible with an eventloop-based server (which zope.server, for
> one, isn't).

Actually, it is. zope.server is based on asyncore.

Having said that, my impression is that web sockets is largely (or completely)
orthogonal to WSGI and the HTTP-based publishing infrastructure.

ZTK is only relevant to the extent that it's a bag of useful libraries
maintained
by the Zope community.

Jim

--