[Zope-dev] Switching zope.testbrowser to webtest instead of mechanize

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Fri Apr 12 11:59:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 04:40:02PM +0200, Andrey Lebedev wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 08:40 PM, Andrey Lebedev wrote:
> >
> >As you may already know, there is an effort to port zope packages to
> >Python 3 going on. As part of this effort we want to port zope.testbrowser.
>
> Status update: test suite passes on webtest backend under
> python-2.6, 2.7 and 3.3.
>
> Further things to do: make some performance improvements, try some
> real-world tests and release a alpha version.

This is looking very very good, in my app very few tests are still
failing.

I poked around at one and found that the way non-ascii in forms is
handled has changed under python 2, here's a test that shows the
problem:

    https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testbrowser/commit/e0e965086c7fded415963518a6adef41b9d14619

I'm not sure what the intention of the python 3 port is wrt unicode.
Have you had any thoughts on the matter?

--
Brian Sutherland