[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 5, OK: 21

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Feb 8 07:01:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 01:00:02AM +0000, Zope tests summarizer wrote:
> Non-OK results
> --------------
>
> [1]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk - Build # 164
>        https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-February/071972.html
>

> [2]    FAILED  Still Failing - zopetoolkit_trunk_app - Build # 147
>        https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-February/071973.html

(24-hour lag, both next builds are fine.)

> [4]    FAILED  winbot / zope.tal_py_265_32
>        https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-February/071996.html

This one's interesting.  At a first guess, one of my changes for Python
3 compatibility (making sure the open file passed to xml.parser.expat is
open in binary mode -- expat insists on byte strings) now causes
line-endings troubles on Windows.

> [5]    FAILED  winbot / zope.testrunner_py_265_32
>        https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-February/071997.html

Even more interesting.  The code, as written, should not work on Python
2.6, so the failure makes sense.  But why can't I reproduce it locally,
with detox -e py26?

Answer: because the setup.py test exits with status code zero.  Ouch.
Fixing...

Marius Gedminas
--
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed would be
a unix command.