[Zope-dev] ZTK 2.0: Deprecate zope.sequencesort

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Feb 28 13:59:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Stephan Richter
<stephan.richter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to deprecate zope.sequencesort in ZTK 2.0, since it cannot
> properly ported to Python 3, since it depends heavily on the cmp() way of
> sorting. I am also not a user of the package and I only tried to port the
> package for completeness sake.

Thx for trying.

I'd be fine to drop it from the ZTK - Zope depends on it, but that
just means it falls under their responsibility to maintain it. I think
Grok never used it - so it fails the "two users" rule.

In the same way, I think we should remove RestrictedPython and
zope.untrustedpython from the ZTK. Since those are also very much
dependencies of Zope alone and porting is going to be a very
challenging task.

Hanno