[Zope-dev] Status of github migration

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 10 14:59:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2013, at 15:40 , Leonardo Rochael Almeida <leorochael at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I took a quick look at the Zope migration now and I think it's
>> excellent. The only thing I'd add is that I'd also migrate branches
>> 2.12 and 2.13 branches since they're all active, even if just for
>> bug/security fixes.
>
> I did not choose to include or exclude any branch. The test migration uses the package used to migrate most Plone packages from SVN to GitHub, which uses svn2git underneath. If there's whole branches missing the migration has obviously failed.

I had a bunch of problems with ZODB and the ruby svn2git.  That's why
I wrote my own based on seeing what the ruby version was trying
to do. Note that most of the heavy lifting is actually done by the git
svn plugin.

> If you want to help you could try a migration with the attached Python script that Jim wrote as a result of finding bugs in svn2git. I can provide you with a suitable authors mapping file.

I've been waiting to make the script more publicly available in a saner fashion
until I've worked with it some more.  I should just make it a gist.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton