[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 5, OK: 19

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Jan 18 13:58:49 UTC 2013

Op 16-01-13 18:47, Tres Seaver schreef:
>> [3]    FAILED  winbot / z3c.ptcompat_py_265_32
>> https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-tests/2013-January/071440.html
>
> Same error related to the recent zope.pagetemplates changes.

This is a test that passes with standard zope.pagetemplates, but fails
in combination with Chameleon.  It is in a recursion test that has been
added in zope.pagetemplate 4.0.0.

I have now added a bin/testcompat script in the zope.pagetemplates
buildout to test with z3c.pt(compat) plus Chameleon.

The expected output for this test is:

<!-- See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.pagetemplate/+bug/732972 -->
<ul>
  <li>root</li>
  <li>
  <ul>
  <li>first</li>
</ul>
  </li>
  <li>
  <ul>
  <li>second</li>
</ul>
  </li>
</ul>

The real output is:

<!-- See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope.pagetemplate/+bug/732972 -->
<ul>
  <li>root</li>
  <li>
  <ul>
  <li>first</li>

</ul>
  </li>
  <li>
  <ul>
  <li>second</li>

</ul>
  </li>
</ul>

The difference is that the two inner '</ul>' get an extra line before
them with a single space character.

I have tried a few changes in the test template to see if that would
result in the output html being the same with and without Chameleon, but
that did not work.

Possibly this needs a change not in zope.pagetemplate but in Chameleon
or one of the other packages.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl