[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 86, OK: 5

Adam GROSZER agroszer.ll at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 08:08:02 UTC 2013

On 06/03/2013 04:59 PM, Tres Seaver wrote:

> On 06/03/2013 09:04 AM, Adam GROSZER wrote:

>>> I'm not sure where we are with these failures.  I can't reproduce
>>> the exact failures on fresh checkouts, but I believe we are in a
>>> weird state due to a combination of factors:
>>>
>>> - - distribute / setuptools merger - - PyPI now HTTPS-only - - PyPI
>>> CDN caching?
>>>
>>> I think we should be aiming to switch our bootstraps over ASAP to
>>> pick up setuptools 0.7:  it doesn't appear to be simple at the
>>> moment to get that installed, as there is no 'ez_setup.py' in the
>>> beta location:
>>>
>>> https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/downloads
>>>

>> I think it's the first. It seems to be a distribute vs setuptools
>> fight. I recently installed distribute in site-packages, but that does
>> not seem to help.
>
> Would it help to update to setuptools-0.7 in the 'site-packages'
> (removing distribute completely)?  I have the feeling that the faster we
> put setuptools-0.6 and distribute behind us, the better off we will be.
>
> I've played with it some this morning:  the major issue for our buildouts
> is to get an 'ez_setup.py' selected which doesn't look for setuptools-0.7
> on PyPI -- I don't quite know why, but it is only available here:
>
>    https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/downloads
>
> The attached file woks for me using e.g.:
>
>   $ /path/to/python bootstrap.py --setup-source=file:///tmp/ez_setup.py

Seems like installing setuptools-0.7.1.tar.gz in site-packages solved
it. No need to add --setup-source to bootstrap.

See here:

http://winbot.zope.org/builders/zope.annotation_py_265_32/builds/885

As next if setuptools-0.7 is the ultimate solution we should push the
guys to use and respect tests on windows. That might catch problems earlier.

--
Best regards,
  Adam GROSZER