[Zope-dev] Mint Templating Language Questions

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Sat Jun 8 03:32:23 UTC 2013

I have been trying to figure out which templating language to use with
ZTFY.

I really like mint.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mint/0.5

It is simple, clean, small.

It is like moinmoin, makes it very easy to create html.  And you can
create and inherit or override python functions that return a chunk of
html.

It also appears that it works as an html-free templating language for
javascript or emails.

PERFECT!

I know one person who recommended it, he is using it with zope, although
not with ZCA.  He got rid of zope.publisher.

Another person and I are thinking of using it.  Has anyone tried it?
Had a good or bad experience with it?  Of course it would be great
to find an egg that integrates mint into the ZCA.

But perhaps it does not do multiple languages well.

If you are curious here are my comments on the other templating languages.

http://zopache.com/TemplatingLanguages

Any comments on mint with zope would be most appreciated.

Chris

--
 I run
http://Django.SpecialtyJobMarkets.com