[Zope-dev] Buildout - including per-user site-packages dir.

Alex Leach beamesleach at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:49:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to configure buildout.cfg so that paster looks for eggs in my
home folder's site packages directory, as per PEP 370[1].

In buildout.cfg, I have the line:

      include-site-packages = true

But packages I've installed in my home folder aren't found when my app is
run (with paster). Is there an extra buildout option, which will allow
searching of home folders?

Alternatively, I just noticed I have an empty sitecustomize.py file in
parts/etc/, but I have no 'sitecustomize.py.in' file in etc/. If I do add
a 'sitecustomize.py.in' file to etc/, what extra steps will be required,
for 'sitecustomize.py.in' to get copied over to 'parts/etc/'?

Cheers,
Alex

p.s. versions.cfg in use:
http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/1.5.5/versions.cfg