[Zope-dev] SVN to Git Conversion

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 00:42:33 UTC 2013

On Saturday, March 02, 2013 07:56:31 AM Roger wrote:
> Is there any information about what this means for zope contributers?

Well, we switched all packages to using tox to run tests in all supported
Python versions. So running the tests in one Python is not sufficient anymore.
In terms of GitHub, if you used Git before, then there is nothing new. GitHub
has a lot of nice collaboration and integration features that we can and will
use: Checkin commenting, Pull Requests, Travis CI integration, etc.

> What are the restrictions or any other relevant parts where we have
> to know additional to the git basics?

The only restriction that I can think of right now is that an a committer
cannot create a repository right now. But we are working on that. For the time
being just ask Jim, me, Marius, or Tres to create one for you.

As for conversions from SVN to Git, most people will be probably best of
asking me to convert a package for them. But the other repository committee
members also know how.

Regards,
Stephan
--