[Zope-dev] [zopefoundation/zope.security] 82fd54: Changed strategy to hide wrapped to not use the se...

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:28:01 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 09:14:26 AM Jim Fulton wrote:
> Sorry, why do you want to adapt proxies?  The "lying about class",
> which is arguably not lying, is intentional and facilitates adapting proxied
> objects.

No, we really want to adapt the wrapped object, but that is currently not
working correctly with the Python proxy implementation, i.e. this is always
the result:

  >>> tuple(providedBy(ProxyPy(orig, checker)))
  ()

So I need to figure out why that is. I have *not* looked at the code to see
whether zope.interface tries and fails to strip proxies or whether ProxyPy
does a security check for __providedBy__ and fails. My bet is on the latter.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek