[Zope-dev] Zope / ZTK release management - stepping down

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Feb 19 16:31:28 CET 2014

Hi all.

As you've probably noticed, I'm not really involved with Zope anymore,
but am still holding the position of Zope 2 release manager and member
of the ZTK release team.

All good things have to come to an end, and so I'm officially stepping
down from both of these positions. To pick an arbitrary date, I'll
continue to do my duties until the next ZF board election (March 28,
2014). I'll be happy to hand over the keys/logins and explain the
release procedures to anyone who wants to step up.

I'm not aware of any volunteers for the positions. I talked to Leonardo,
who had shown interest in the past. But his life situation and job
changed in the meantime as well.

For anyone who thinks about stepping up, the job isn't really time
consuming at all for the maintenance part. Zope 2.13 and ZTK 1.0 rarely
ever need any work, so spending an hour or so every month is enough. If
anyone feels more ambitious both the ZTK 2.0 and Zope 4 projects could
use someone with interest and time.

So long and thanks for all the bugs :-)
Hanno