[Zope-dev] I volunteer to fix the mail server SSL certificates

Christopher Lozinski lozinski at freerecruiting.com
Thu Aug 6 10:59:20 CEST 2015

On 8/6/15 5:29 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Why do you need zope.org credentials???
>
> -aj
Always nice to hear from you.

Is zope.org the same as mail.zope.org?

They are at different ip addresses, so I would think that they are
different servers.

I would like to help with mail.zope.org

We have a problem.  SSL does not work on mail.zope.org.

In general, it makes us look terrible.  In particular it discourages
Marius from
participating.

I would like to encourage Marius to stick with Zope. I would like to
encourage others to stick with Zope.  Backing up mail.zope.org  and
fixing the ssl problem it is a small step in the right direction.  Where
do the backups go?

The other thing that needs doing is to upgrade grok.project.  But one
thing at a time.

Why do I care?

Well the directory of Python Web Developers
http://www.privacv.com/pythonframeworks/index

is starting to look good.  I invite you to add your professional website
to the directory,  Just post your resume, and on the third page you can
link to your website and blog.   That should bring you some traffic and
PageRank. You can also link to your github, twitter, stackoverflow,
facebook, and other accounts.  And you can protect the privacy of your
contact information.

My biggest risk is that this whole community is disappearing.  I need to
do something about that.  Fixing the mail server is a great first step
in that direction.

To do that, I need the credentials to log into the mail server.

Does that answer your question?

Regards
Chris