[Zope-dev] Announcement: Zope 5.0 released
icemac at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 15:29:54 CEST 2020
On behalf of Zope developer community I am pleased to announce the release of Zope 5.0!
- drops support for Python 2.7 and 3.5
- drops support for `ZServer`
- adds support for the newly released Python 3.9
Although this release is a major one, it should be possible to use it without any changes if the following preconditions are met:
- Your project runs on the latest Zope 4 release on Python 3.6+ and does not use ZServer.
- Neither your tests nor running your Zope instance shows DeprecationWarnings.
Additionally this release contains some minor features and bug fixes which have been backported to Zope 4 where possible.
As Zope 5 is now released, Zope 4 is put into bugfix mode until 2021-12-31.
(See the roadmap for details: https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/roadmap.html)
For details about this release see the what’s-new-section and the change log:
To install the new version see https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/INSTALL.html
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the Zope-Dev