[Zope-PAS] How to use (and develop) an authentication plugin?

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez antlarr at tedial.com
Wed Dec 1 11:35:50 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm working on a project where I need to use my own users (already stored on
an Oracle database) as zope users, and give each of them special roles. Some
people at irc told me about PAS and it looks very good for this, so I'm
giving it a try.

First, the simple question:

I've started by creating a PluggableAuthService in a zope folder, inside of
it, I've introduced a ZODBUserManager object.I've then added a user called
"test", and I've created a page template that has a security tab where
everything is checked under "Acquire permission settings? " except for
"Access contents information" and "View" which are checked only under
"Authenticated".

My idea is that only when "test" logs in successfully, he will be able to read
the page template.

The reality is that each time I try to authenticate, I get a "authentication
failed" message box from the browser. Even if I double-checked that the
password is ok.

Any idea of what may I be doing wrong ? If more info is needed, I can provide
it, of course.

All of this is with Zope 2.7.3 and Python 2.3.4 (downloaded from the latest
stable releases) on SuSE 9.0.

Thanks,

PD:I already did a authentication plugin based on ZODBUserManager that
enumerates the users correctly, but it doesn't authenticate correctly the
password, which is the reason of me testing with ZODBUserManager. Anyway I'll
wait for the answer of this mail before asking a second question (since maybe
it's enough to help me solve also the other problem).
--
Antonio Larrosa
antlarr at tedial.com
TEDIAL - Tecnologías Digitales Audiovisuales, S.L.
Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía
C/ Severo Ochoa, nº 10, 1ª planta
29590 Campanillas, Málaga
Tfno. +34 951 012 624