[Zope-PAS] User ID mangling question

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sun Oct 10 06:11:32 EDT 2004

On Sep 14, 2004, at 16:20, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> It is crystal clear that some mangling or some assigning of unique
>> IDs has to happen because "jens from the LDAP plugin" isn't "jens
>> from the ZODB plugin".
>
> I agree. And that returns us back to what I have been saying: It is
> the enumeration plugins id that should prefix it, not the
> authentication plugin.
>
> I think this would be quite easy to implement. In fact, I already
> have, but it broke a number of tests, because an enumeration plugin
> was not created for these tests. Now that I understand how the tests
> work, I thik I can fix that as well. :)

Lennart, is there any kind of working solution yet? I just sat down
again to try and get the LDAPMultiPlugin to work and saw that the
recent decisions wrt ID mangling haven't been implemented yet - at
least looking at the CVS HEAD from a couple days ago. There's still
automatc mangling all over the place.

jens