[Zope-PAS] Id mangling.

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Wed Sep 8 12:01:58 EDT 2004

Zbir: You mentioned something about it being necessary to mangle the id
with the authenticator. I didn't understand why, could you try again? :)

As I see it, the id prefix is to separate different users from different
user *sources*, that is different enumerators, so that you can have
different user sources with the same user id. In that case, it should be
the enumerator that is used as prefix. Also, since the enumerator will
only return users with it's own prefix, it is clear that this indeed is
the idea behind it all.

So: I don't get it. It is clearly the case that the user prefix must be
the enumerator prefix. So why prefix it with the authenticator id?