[Zope-PAS] Id mangling.

Zachery Bir zbir at urbanape.com
Thu Sep 9 12:15:48 EDT 2004

On Sep 9, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> Zachery Bir wrote:
>> As it currently stands, there can be perfectly valid arguments for
>> the plugin prefix to be based on either the authenticator or the
>> enumerator
>
> Really? What would the argument for letting the prefix be the
> authenticator be? I can't see any use case for that...

A PAS set-up with no enumerators.

Zope authenticates against the credentials vetted by an upstream
authentication system.

Like I said, our current Shibboleth authentication system does just
this. All requests coming into Zope are pre-vetted by Shibboleth, Zope
just accepts the credentials, without requiring an enumerator.

Zac