[Zope-PAS] Unit test errors.

Zachery Bir zbir at urbanape.com
Mon Sep 13 10:46:40 EDT 2004

On Sep 13, 2004, at 10:05 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> I'm trying to run the unit tests. I know I suceeded last week, but now
> there seems to be new problems.
>
> First of all I'm using Zope-trunks test.py, like this:
>
> bin/zopectl run test.py -v --libdir Products --dir
> Products/PluggableAuthService
>
> This gets the error "Module has no attribute test_suite". This is
> completely correct, so I added:
>
> def test_suite():
>     return unittest.TestSuite((
>         unittest.makeSuite( theclassname ),
>         ))
>
> In all the modules, so that test.py could run them. Is this correct?
> Should I check that in?
>
> Howevere, even with this addition, I get some errors, that I hesitate
> to fix, since I don't know what they are testing, and hence can't tell
> if the bugs are in the tests, or in the software.
>
> Hints are appreciated. ;)

I'm not certain. I wonder if it's fallout from using test.py. For
instance, when I run the tests like so:

   $ for test in `find opt/Products/PluggableAuthService -name
test\*.py` do; bin/zopectl run $test; done

I get the output of each test module run, and no errors or failures
reported.

I guess this method isn't exercising all the conformance testing... :^\

Zac