[Zope-PAS] User ID mangling question

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Tue Sep 14 08:45:13 EDT 2004

So I'm going through the LDAPMultiPlugin right now trying to make it
work with the latest PAS and I'm noticing that some mangling behaviors
have changed.

Specifically, the ID of the PropertiedUser is the mangled ID and not
the ID the plugin itself has returned. When "validate" is called the
first step after extraction (which returns the unmangled user IDs as
seen by my plugin) is a call to _findUser. In _findUser the users are
built with a call to _createUser, and that user object now carries a
mangled ID. So in the next step, looking up user properties, my plugin
gets a user with an ID that is not the one it knows about and returns
garbage.

I might have missed some discussion here, it's possible that my plugin
does something wrong. Is a plugin supposed to know how to deal with a
mangled ID or did something else go wrong?

jens

Jens Vagelpohl			jens at zetwork.com
Software Engineer			Zope - done medium rare
Zetwork GmbH				http://www.zetwork.com/