[Zope-PAS] Re: local roles plugins

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Mon Apr 18 03:17:01 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005, at 1:51 PM, Zachery Bir wrote:

> On 2005-02-07 17:44:21 -0500, Kapil Thangavelu
> <hazmat at objectrealms.net> said:
>
>> hi folks,
>> i'd like to see a new plugin type for local roles plugins. the major
>> driving reason is to enable a local roles blocking policy on
>> containers.
>> i've got a version of it implemented and if its sounds good i'll
>> setup a
>> pas branch with the code. the implementation patches propertied user
>> and
>> setups a new plugin type based on the following interface.
>
> How would this not be satisfied by writing a special user factory,
> whose user class specifies a different behavior for
> getRolesInContext()? This doesn't strike me as an interface that needs
> to go into the workings of PAS itself.

agreed. the implementation itself was briefly done as a monkey patch,
which the previous email was an artifact of, and then changed to a
custom user factory and user class, which delegates to an internal
local roles plugin type. unfortunately i haven't had time to push any
of the other changes back into pas cvs, the core modifications/monkies
currently are just adding add/del user api implementations.

-kapil