[Zope-PAS] Re: local roles plugins

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Apr 18 08:33:19 EDT 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 13:31, Zachery Bir wrote:
> It's been a tricky business. For our part, we've been using PAS to
> separate the concerns of the folks using both the app server
> (traditional ZMI stuff) and folks using the application, and allow the
> application to talk directly to the plugins that concern it. We never
> bothered trying to come up with an API directly on PAS, since the
> plugins are so accessible.

Honestly, doing it that way leads to a complete mess as I'm finding out
in the work I'm doing for Andrew. The goal of putting PAS into the
application in question was, I assume, to make everything regarding
user handling more generic so it's easier to factor out specific
customer requirements. Unfortunately it's just the opposite, things are
getting worse.

jens