[Zope-PAS] Cookie Auth Monopolizes Challenge?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Aug 11 15:43:41 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:18:43PM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
| Hi Sidnei,
|
| I had to deal with this at some point and I wrote a PAS multiplugin that
| implemented the "unauthorized" method (forget which interface that
| belongs to)... here it is along with a helper method to figure out if a
| request came from a DAV client:

<snip code>

Yes, that is what I would do too.

But isn't it odd that you have to do this in the first place? I would
say the challenge method of the PAS user folder is halfway there. In
fact is so close I can barely believe it doesn't work.

So my question really is:

Is this a bug in PAS that it doesn't do this even if it pretends to?
Or are people really expected to keep reinventing the wheel?

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.