[Zope-PAS] mutable property sheets

Clemens Robbenhaar robbenhaar at espresto.com
Tue Apr 18 09:43:09 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl writes:

 > So my own opinion is that I don't like the persistence magic for
 > setting properties. IMHO the methods on the properties plugins should
 > be called explicitly instead of automatically whenever anyone touches
 > one of these mutable property sheets.
 >
 > This is just one opinion, I hope others will chime in as well.

 Just because I feel asked for my opinion:

 Usually I am not fond of magic either, but from an user point of
view ("user" = someone who might write ZODB Python scripts using PAS or
the like) I am used to have all changes to objects saved magically, so
why not user properties?

 But that is just an user point of view, I would not count too much on
my own opinion myself here.

my 2 cents,
Clemens