[Zope-PAS] Re: Domainauth

Janko Hauser jhauser at zscout.de
Thu Jun 22 10:48:23 EDT 2006

Am 22.06.2006 um 15:39 schrieb Tres Seaver:

> The sequence which creates a user object is defined in the
> PAS.validate
> method:

Very good documentation snipped

I followed this path and found the culprit.

The cookie_auth_helper extends the credentials with the remote_addr
only if it found something before.

        else:
             # Look in the request for the names coming from the
login form
             login = request.get('__ac_name', '')
             password = request.get('__ac_password', '')

             if login:
                 creds['login'] = login
                 creds['password'] = password

         if creds or 1: # or 1 added by jhauser
             creds['remote_host'] = request.get('REMOTE_HOST', '')

             try:
                 creds['remote_address'] = request.getClientAddr()
             except AttributeError:
                 creds['remote_address'] = request.get('REMOTE_ADDR',
'')

         return creds

So actually the question is, if the test for credentials is needed at
all at this place.

I will further look into this, but thanks to Tres and ZAC to lead me
to this place.

With regards,

__Janko

Janko Hauser  email:  jhauser at zscout.de