[Zope-PAS] New to PAS

Jeff Peterson jpeterso at crary.com
Tue Jun 27 15:04:15 EDT 2006

Ok,

After poking around PAS for a while I think I have a bit of a handle on
it.

This seems to be built primarily for managing Zope users.  My solution
needs to be able to manage a group of existing users not in Zope
currently.  Is this something that can be done?  I know I can create SQL
methods to get data but I am not sure I see how I can use the current
data with this framework.  Can this be used without an actual userObject
in the user folder?  Can I, for example, use the framework to prompt a
login, gather the username and password, authenticate it against the sql
and manage the roles without a userObject in the acl_users folder?  Or,
if the former is true could they(the userObjects) be created on the fly,
say on the first login, so that afterward they existed?

Maybe I am way off base or am misunderstanding something.  Any direction
would be appreciated.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey D Peterson